I recently visited Santa Monica, and stayed at the Viceroy. Located on Ocean Ave, one block from public beach access, this is a beautiful option for those looking to stay at or near the beach. It is an ideal location for the area and amenities, and is within walking distance to the Santa Monica pier. Across the street from the Viceroy is Shutters on the Beach, which at the time of booking was offered at a significantly higher room rate, making this luxury hotel even more appealing.
Why I Like The Viceroy:
- Restaurant and Bar
- Pool and Lounge Area
- Friendly Service
- Helpful Concierge
- Spacious Rooms and Bathrooms
What You Need To Know:
- This hotel is pet-friendly. Very cool, however, recently I have been having allergic reactions to pet hair, and had a small reaction while staying here. This was not a problem caused by the Viceroy. Sharing the info for those with allergies to be aware.
- There is a fitness center on-site. Walking/Biking path on beach as well. And the hotel has beach cruiser style bikes available for use to explore Santa Monica.
- On Friday night during my stay, there was live music/DJ. Ask for a higher floor if you plan on going to bed early.
- Black Car Service From Viceroy to LAX: Approximately $115 USD.
- Room Service is available and efficient. Wait times were less than expected.
Places of Interest While Visiting Santa Monica:
- Dine at Cast, the restaurant located at the Viceroy. With a menu designed around well-being, and fabulous cocktails, this is a perfect place if dining alone, as a couple, or with a group.
- Rooftop Drinks at Erwin Hotel located in Venice Beach. While the cocktails are only ok, the rooftop has a 360 degree view of the area and worth a visit.
- Enjoy Brunch or Mimosa’s at GJelina in Venice.
Take a stroll on the beach or visit Santa Monica Pier.
- Lounge by the Pool at the Viceroy, or even splurge for a private cabana.
- Dine or have cocktails at Pico’s located in Shutters on the Beach.
1819 Ocean Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90401